Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

"I'm Wearing Green!" Shamrock - Free Pattern Friday

Good morning!
So one of my least favorite holidays growing up was St. Patrick's Day. First of all, there was no candy involved (unacceptable!). But mostly because I didn't wear a lot of green and I absolutely despised being pinched. So I always had hope that whatever shade of green I eventually unearthed would be an acceptable enough green to not get pinched by my classmates. Not my favorite day.
So, in light of those childhood memories, I created the "I'm wearing green!" shamrocks for my own kids. You can make these in any (or all!) shades of green for St. Patrick's Day. There are also two options, one has a hole in the center (you can put it over a button, slide onto hoodie strings, a backpack, etc. The other has no hole and is designed to be pinned on to the wearer.

So without further ado, here is your "don't pinch me!" pattern:


Items needed:
 - G hook
 - WW yarn

Directions:
R1: For hole in center- ch 5, sl st to 1st chain to form ring. sc 9 in center of ring. sl st to 1st sc.
       For solid center - sc 9 in mc. Join with sl st. Pull tight.

Following instructions are the same for both options

R2: *ch 2, sk next st, sc in next* (rpt 3 times). sl st in last st, ch 5. (Now you will be working in the chain). Turn, sl st in next, sc in next 2, hdc in next. sc in the sl st where you started your chain. Now you are back to your original circle. Sl St in next st to join.

R3: *ch 3, 4 dc in ch 2 sp, sl st in sc, sl st in ch 2 sp* rpt 3 times, your last sl st will be in st with the ch 5. f/o and weave in ends.

I hope you enjoy! Feel free to post pictures of your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment